Empower // Reinvent // Succeed



Frequently Asked Questions

This page should serve to answer your most frequently asked questions. If you do not find an answer to your question on this page, please visit our contact page.

For questions about a specific program, you may want to consult the FAQs for that program. See individual programs for further information.

What is my username?
You can set your own user name, though we generally recommend that you use something simple to remember, like your email address. You will need your user name and password to register online. If you’ve forgotten your user name or password, go here to have it sent to you. If you’ve never registered with us before, you can set up your user name and password when you register for the first time.

Is financial aid available for Professional Education courses?
Since Professional Education courses do not lead to a college degree, they are not eligible for the traditional forms of financial aid, such as the Hope Scholarship. However, some private lenders will help you finance professional education and certificate programs. We also have military benefits, payment plans (for select courses), and accept the WIOA grant. Find more information on financial aid that may be available to you or call 470-578-6765.

Can I use my credit card to pay for a course for someone else, like my child or spouse?
Yes, we accept VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. When registering a family member or friend, give us the name and address of the student first. We will also ask for the name of the credit card holder.

When is payment due for a CPE course?
Full payment is due at the time of registration. Please see our Financial Aid page for payment plans possibilities.

My company has offered to pay for this course. Can you invoice them directly?
Yes, if you supply us with your company’s purchase order or educational voucher. Please check our invoice policy for more details.

Where are your courses held? Where are you located on campus?
Most of our courses are held in the KSU Center, 3333 Busbee Drive, Kennesaw, GA (formerly Kinders Outlet Mall), just a short distance from the main campus of Kennesaw State University, or online. Please check your registration receipt for the exact location. Click here for detailed directions.

Are your online programs offered in my state?
Online training programs offered by the College of Professional Education are available in most states. If you are an out-of-state student, please confirm that the program is available in your state by contacting the Registration Department.

Do you have a policy for students with disabilities?
Any individual who requires accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for participation in any class or program offered by the College of Professional Education should contact the College of Professional Education at 470-578-6765. Specific accommodations should be requested 21 working days in advance of the first day of class.

If I can’t find what I’m looking for on your website, who can help me?
Visit our contacts page, where you can find phone numbers and email addresses for key contacts within the College of Professional Education, who will be glad to answer your questions. You may also call our Registration department at 470-578-6765.

What happens if my course is cancelled?
In the event of a cancellation, we will provide you with a 100 percent refund or transfer to an equivalent course.

When should I register for courses?
We recommend that you register for courses as early as possible. If the course you want is already full, you can add your name to the wait-list. We also recommend that you sign up for the next available course since the wait-list gives no guarantee of availability. On rare occasions one of our courses will not have enough students registered, and we have to cancel the course. The decision to cancel a course is usually the week the course is held. Waiting until a few days before the course to register could cause unnecessary cancellations.

Do you offer assistance for job searches?
We offer career networking powered by Handshake, an all-in-one career management system. Also, employers occasionally provide us with job information. When this happens, we will email participants in the relevant program and post the information on our job board.

The Paralegal Certificate program has job postings and regularly emails opportunities to current students and recent graduates who contact the employers directly.

Do I need a transcript from my old school?
No. Professional Education courses are open to the general public.

Are there additional fees for books / software?
This varies by course. Check the course description for information about inclusion of books. If you need to purchase books for your course, you can do so through the KSU Center bookstore. To purchase software that is available at the educational discount price, you will need a permission letter from the program coordinator. Please contact your program coordinator for more information.

What kind of application do I need to complete for a Professional Education course?
Our courses are non-credit, non-degree programs and do not normally require applications for admission. However, there are some programs and courses that do require an application process or placement test prior to registration. Check for details in individual course descriptions as you browse our site.

The course I want is full. Can I be added to a wait-list?
Yes, if the course you want is already full, you can automatically add your name to our wait list through the online registration process or by calling the registration office. If a student drops this course, we will call wait-listed students in the order their names were put on the wait-list. No payment is made at the time of being placed on a wait-list.

What is your refund policy?
Visit our refund policy. Courses with group bundle discounts are not eligible for refunds or transfers.

Can my Professional Education courses be applied toward a college degree?
No, courses taken through the College of Professional Education are awarded CEUs (Continuing Education Units), not college credits. They are not transferable to be applied toward a college degree.

What is the difference between a certificate and a certification?
A certificate program is an extensive course or series of courses designed to prepare you for a specific function. A certification is a recognized credential that confirms your ability in a particular area. Certifications are often offered through professional organizations and usually require passing an exam or series of exams. Many of the certificate programs that we offer here prepare you for a specific certification exam.

Will students be issued a 1098-T tax form for courses taken at the College of Continuing and Professional Education?
Beginning in 2014, Kennesaw State University will no longer issue 1098-T tax forms to students in the College of Professional Education. This will include any classes that were paid for in 2013. The IRS does not require that KSU provide 1098-Ts to non-degree students. Students may provide their accountant or tax preparer with registration receipts for tax purposes. Students may also be required to provide their tax preparer or accountant with Kennesaw State University’s tax ID number which is as follows: 58-0965786.

What are the rules for Campus Carry and KSU Center?
The College of Professional Education follows the KSU Policy for carrying weapons on campus. The full text of HB280, and the KSU/USG policies can be found here.